New Site


If you happen to look around my site occasionally, you may have noticed that it looks very different now from what it looked like a few days before this post. That's what this post is about.

Before, there was a sidebar on the left, and the content on the right. The background was just black for the sidebar and white for the content. The styling was minimal, and yet still managed to break repeatedly.

This change came about when I updated to SeleniumTelluride 2. SeTe2 is not backwards-compatible with SeTe1; the codebase was rewritten from the ground up, so I decided that its flagship site (my website) should be as well. I decided to go all-out; I spent weeks after school looking up methods of creating a good-looking website, and also finding examples of what I considered good websites and figuring out what I liked and how to apply it. This is the result.

I have to say, this hasn't been a quick process, but I consider it well worth it. Looking at the old site (which is the live one at the time of this writing) and this new one (viewed on a local webserver, courtesy of SeTe2), this design is astronomically better than the old.

A few things about this site that I'm especially proud of, or are generally worth noting: